10 Inspiring Mental Health Quotes
As we end our Mental Health Awareness Week, we wanted to share some inspiring quotes about mental health from celebrities, athletes, political leaders, and artists. Use the below quotes to keep you moving forward on your mental health journey.
1. “If you are broken, you do not have to stay broken.” — Selena Gomez
2. “The experience I have had is that once you start talking about [experiencing a mental health struggle], you realize that actually you’re part of quite a big club.” — Prince Harry
3. “I found that with depression, one of the most important things you can realize is that you’re not alone. You’re not the first to go through it, you’re not gonna be the last to go through it,” — Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
4. “Part of my identity is saying no to things I don’t want to do… I check in with myself throughout the day and I say, ‘Do I really want to do this?’ and if the answer is no, then I don’t do it. And you shouldn’t either.” — Lady Gaga
5. “Change what you can, manage what you can’t.” ― Raymond McCauley
6. “If you know someone who’s depressed please resolve to never ask them why. Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather. Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness and loneliness they’re going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It’s hard to be a friend to someone who’s depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest and best things you will ever do.” — Stephen Fry
7. “If you have been brutally broken but still have the courage to be gentle to other living beings, then you’re a badass with a heart of an angel.” — Keanu Reeves
8. “Just because no one else can heal or do your inner work for you doesn’t mean you can, should, or need to do it alone.” — Lisa Olivera
9. “I understand your pain. Trust me, I do. I’ve seen people go from the darkest moments in their lives to living a happy, fulfilling life. You can do it too. I believe in you. You are not a burden. You will NEVER BE a burden.” — Sophie Turner
10.“There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” ― John Green
We are proud to announce that we have curated the ultimate playlist for our State of REM Community. We have a Spotify playlist for you when everything starts to feel too much; from peaceful piano, good energy tunes to cosy evening songs we have got you covered.